Cook has been openly gay in his personal life for
Wisconsin State Rep. We may never had heard of X Factor contestant Don Philip had it not been for the power of the internet. All of my friends, the volleyball world, absolutely everybody has been supportive.
Group gay men meet and mingle with monthly activities ranging
- His first position was Senior Vice President for worldwide operations. August 25,
- Retrieved December 5,
- My intuition already knew that joining Apple was a once in a lifetime opportunity to work for the creative genius, and to be on the executive team that could resurrect a great American company. Asked if she related to teens who took their own lives because of homophobic bullying, Szubanski said , "Oh yes, yeah, absolutely.
- Get this delivered to your inbox, and more info about our products and services.
- The Wall Street Journal.
- In , at a privacy conference in Brussels, Cook expressed his opinions on the stockpiling of personal data by tech firms, suggesting that it amounted to surveillance and should make the public "very uncomfortable.
- Human Rights Campaign.
- Many people know who gay celebrities are.
It got to the point where he thought, "I'm making the wrong call by trying to do something that is comfortable to me, which is to stay private. Cook was born in Mobile, Alabama , United States. By disclosing his sexual orientation, Cook took a bold step for the tech industry specifically and for corporate culture in general.
His sexuality had long been known in Silicon Valley, and elsewhere, but he had chosen not to publicly address the issue. And in February , he congratulated the coach of his hometown college football team for saying he would be fine with a gay player on the team. Starting in , Cook made investments that would lay the groundwork for the future of the company, including forming critical deals with manufacturers on flash memory, the computer-storage component that would form the basis for the iPhone and iPad.