The best gay bars
Typically the first Friday of every month, the group chooses different mainstream bars and venues in Boston and then holds friendly "takeovers," during which LGBTQ folks of all stripes show up, drink up, meet up, and—in some cases—hook up. It is also a great way to meet gay locals and discover the underground gay scene.
Gabe C. I literally feel like Leslie Knope when I am here. I say gay bar, because it is, but it's not like the old days. The long-running Ramrod leather bar, which is beside the thumping and more dance-driven Machine Nightclub, has been a fixture for years in Boston's Fenway neighborhood.
The transformation of what had been an old-school Irish bar into DBar reflects overall changes to this working-class stronghold of Irish immigrants Dorchester is perhaps most famous in pop culture as the hometown of Marky Mark and New Kids on the Block.
So this movie might not feature any gay plots
- Throughout the months take advantage of extravagant mask parties, fancy dress and drag shows.
- Gay bars have been around for over years in European hotspots; Germany, the UK and France in particular have a long history of gay bars and parties for the history books. When booking with Broadway Travel we put your financial protection first, which is why our holidays that include flights are fully protected under the ATOL scheme.
- Louise Khong.
- When booking with Broadway Travel we put your financial protection first, which is why our holidays that include flights are fully protected under the ATOL scheme.
- Book online. It's a cornerstone of our community.
- Data collected by Gravy Analytics , a location-based marketing platform, tracks mobile data to verify attendance at places and events throughout the United States.
- NW, Washington, D. There's no official dance floor, but don't be surprised to find yourself moving to disco, rock, new wave and whatever else the DJ feels like spinning.
- As Boston's favorite gay bear hangout, this cozy and friendly spot down a narrow alley tends to draw a somewhat eclectic crowd, in part because it's the only gay bar downtown.
- Photo by Sarah L. Mike R.
There's no official dance floor, but don't be surprised to find yourself moving to disco, rock, new wave and whatever else the DJ feels like spinning. The Phoenix endures as a top spot to meet Tinder dates, assemble your crew, or just dance your work week worries away at a Friday night party.
Time Out Berlin. An expert in all things Travel, Danielle has visited over 40 destinations — a serial globe trotter. One of the most visited gay clubs in the city for its large dance floor, dark rooms and cabins — look out for its weekly famous events.
Love the mag?